At Barenaturals, we're focused on more than just selling candles
We want to help change lives and repair the dent made in the universe by wasteful consumerism. And, by partnering with reforestation projects like the Eden Reforestation Project together we can make a huge difference in many areas. Here are a few reasons why planting ten trees for each Barenaturals candles creates a big impact over time.
- Revitalises and nourishes dry arid soil replenishing lost nutrients - feeding the entire cycle of life.
- Provides refreshing, substantial oxygen supplies
- Reverses effects of pollution
- Directly benefits wildlife who are displaced, endangered and threatened with extinction by deforestation.
- Helps local communities by providing wood for fuel, food, and fodder for livestock, as well as permanent and seasonal employment.
Aids the natural flow of water, reducing flooding and the creation of desert areas.
All of this - and they look really pretty too!
Our partnerships with not-for-profits across the planet ensure Barenaturals customers make a truly positive impact in the world. Proving that consumerism is good when we make the right choices.
Here are some other things we think about:
ANIMAL TESTING POLICY
We are flummoxed why these words exist. But as they tragically still do, we would like to formally state:
Barenaturals vehemently oppose animal testing in all forms (apart from willing human participation)
• We will not sell our products in countries that insist that we test our products on animals.
• We do not buy ingredients from suppliers who test on animals.
• We wholeheartedly support any campaign, person or action preventing and stopping the unnecessary and barbaric industry that kidnaps, tortures and murders sentient beings for cosmetic, commercial (or any other) use.
CLIMATE CHANGE & ANIMAL WELFARE
There is no greater threat to both animal welfare and climate change than the massive growth of industrial agriculture. We support and promote whenever we can plant based diets and organic farming.
We recognise all animal species as fellow earthlings. They share the the same emotions as us, the same family bonds of love, joy, excitement, compassion & happiness. We feel time is long overdue to bring an end to the slavery of animals and here at Barenaturals we stand with everyone else who feels the same. Therefore, we do not see them as resources and consumables.
If the Oceans die, we die this is a quote from Sea Shepherd captain Paul Watson and Barenaturals certainly do not want that to happen in any lifetime. Therefore, all of our packing is created with the end in mind, both the end packaging lifecycle and the end of the world. We give ourselves a real headache about this, so you don’t have to worry about it.
Whilst we can’t clean up the oceans (just yet), we can make sure we don’t contribute to the mess. In our quest for low impacting packaging, we exhaust every idea to minimise if not completely eradicate the use of plastics in our packaging. Our soap wraps (that look like plastic bags) are actually made from a patented vegetable fibre. And our boxes are eco friendly and biodegradable and the aluminium tins we use are extremely recyclable.
We welcome packaging suggestions and innovations, so if you have invented world friendly materials get in touch with us.